Wednesday, February 28, 2018

safe

december 25 1996
December 25 1996
It’s Christmas. I’m in New York now at the family reunion party. Not many people came this time. Grandpa and Grandma are not here because I think Grandpa is still in trouble but aunt Jo and cousin Tommy are here this time. She is Daddy’s sister and she told me stories of how Daddy and her grew up together. Tommy is a really cool 9 year old. He showed me how to play chess and he’s really good at it. Noah is here too and we built houses with legos. Noah’s mommy and my mommy don’t get along. They started yelling at each other about a boat during dinner when aunt Sharon brought up how she got a great deal on a rental and uncle Alex had to break it up. Also something was weird with Kevin before I left. He really wanted to come to New York with me. He didn’t care much last year but now he said he wanted to meet my family. He said he wanted to meet my Grandpa because he’s really into World War 2 stuff now. I saw Mr. Slim watching us play through the second floor window. I ignored him but the entry I don’t remember scares me a lot. I hope Kevin is ok.
december 27 1996
December 27 1996
I woke up at Grandpa’s house again like last time. I tip toed around and heard snoring. Grandpa and Grandma were both sleeping in bed. I don’t think Grandpa kidnapped me. I think I sleep walked there somehow. I don’t know how I got inside but I did. I remembered the house from my dreams so I found a flashlight in a kitchen drawer and I went to check all of Grandpa’s hiding spots that I was showed. The door I went into last year didn’t have the box. There was nothing in the spice drawer. The guest room closet was empty. The last hiding spot was in the basement. It was scary but I felt safe because I couldn’t feel Mr. Slim looking at me at all. I looked behind a water tank and there was a big old safe with a dial. I couldn’t open it but I remembered that the dark man had told me 5 12 30 so I tried those numbers and the safe opened! The weird box from last year was there. Inside it was some junk. A big knife a mask and bag with numbers. In the bag was an old leather book. It was the same one that I saw Grandpa carrying last year that was in my dreams. I untied the book and the front cover had the name Sebastian Kraus crossed out and Karl Maxwell written in below. In the book was a bunch of scribbly handwriting that I could not read. At the end of the book there was something
december 27 1996
there that reminded me of Mr. Slim because I felt him as soon as I saw it. Then I saw someone standing in the darkness. It was Grandpa. But it was the dark one. He was holding up a frying pan and he dropped it and it made a big noise. I put everything back the way it was and he was gone. I saw a light turn on upstairs and yelling so I climbed out of the basement window and ran down the street and hid in some bushes for a while. Then I walked for a long time and a car drove up next to me and the driver asked if I needed a ride. I said no thanks because I’m not suppose to talk to strangers but he said my name and that he was a taxi driver that was sent to pick me up. It was really cold and raining so I got in the car and he gave me a jacket. He didn’t say anything and I couldn’t see his face because he had a scarf over his mouth and big glasses and it was dark. He dropped me off at aunt Jo’s house where I had gone to sleep. I said I didn’t have any money to pay him but he said that I had already paid and drove off. It didn’t look like a taxi at all. I’m very confused but I’m not telling anyone what happened.