Saturday, February 17, 2018

fly

may 23 1996 - may 26 1996
May 23 1996
Today is the last day of school. I’ve been studying hard to impress Mommy so I can get the game. I’m at the top of the class in english and social studies but I have to work on math. We went to the store today and I saw Mommy looking at the electronic gaming monthly magazine so the surprise has gotta be the Nintendo 64. I saw the big man in the corner of the store under a broken light but I didn’t care because he doesn’t do anything if I don’t. Mommy and I walked right past him. Maybe Mommy can’t see him? Maybe not like I do? Another new man came today and I think his name is Alan. I stayed in my room because he had big muscles and was scary.

May 26 1996
Today I was happy because it’s sunday and Mommy and I played some board games. Scott came back and kissed Mommy and played with us but Alan also comes over on other days and kisses her too. Mommy is looking for a new daddy but I don’t think they know about each other and that’s scary. I don’t like any of them because they
may 26 1996 - june 7 1996
don’t want to talk or play with me. I wonder why Mommy has that mark on her hand. She doesn’t want to talk about it when they bring it up and whenever I ask about it she gets sad.

June 7 1996
Summer camp started today. It’s still at school but we do fun art stuff instead of learning. I saw the big man standing outside my door except it wasn’t him it was a new man that came in and kissed Mommy before camp. He was really nice and gave me candy but Alan was over yesterday too. I don’t think Mommy is doing the right thing but she is less sad. Kevin and I went to the mall after camp. I lied to Mommy again and said it was for a group art project because I don’t think our mommys get along. Mommy was with the new man any way so she didn’t care. They had a tape of Super Mario 64 that from the E3 show and it looks so amazing! It was so cool I barely even noticed the big man right behind the counter. I ignored him because video games are awesome and he is just annoying to me like a fly. As long as I don’t pay
june 7 1996 - june 10 1996
attention to him he is just an annoying bug to me.

June 10 1996
The big man was at lunch today when Kevin asked me about him. He said if I can see him now and I said yeah. He didn’t see him but he asked me what he looked like and I said he is a really tall man in a fancy suit without a face and sometimes he has wiggly tenticle arms. He said the big man reminded him of doctor Octopus from Spiderman. I told him he’s not the same. He asked why not and I got frustrated because I couldn’t explain it. He asked me how tall he was and I looked but he was gone. Then I felt him standing right behind me so I just got up and ran back to class early because I’ve never felt that scared before. They say don’t talk to strangers but as strange as the big man is he is not a stranger to me since I’ve been seeing him forever. My first memory was running down the hallway away from my mean nanny and I ran into him and screamed.