Monday, February 19, 2018

tree

july 23 1996 - august 12 1996
July 23 1996
It has been one year since I started this journal. So much has changed and I feel so much older and wiser. My writing has improved and I feel confident. I’m glad I have Oscar and met Kevin and know more of my family but I see the big man more now. I see him much more than when I started writing. I’m sleep walking a lot and forgetting more now too and Mommy is still seeing many men. It makes me sad but the home work keeps me busy and the pills are not as bad so I’m not as sad. I have the same dream over and over about the tall man and his creepy friends. They look like people I know but different. They are dark and scary and want to take me away. I wake up all sweaty.

August 12 1996
I woke up in the middle of the night and the big man. He was standing over my bed. I pretended I was asleep but I knew he knew I wasn’t sleeping. When I woke up he was gone but I wet the bed again. This happens a lot. Today was the first day of 2nd grade and it was alright. When I came home today from school Scott was waiting for Mommy. Then
august 12 1996 - august 23 1996*
Alan came too and punched Mommy hard and wrestled with Scott in the yard. Mommy got a big black eye and the police came and took them away. The police man told me Mommy is not allowed to have two daddys.

August 23 1996
We learned how to draw family trees today in school. Mommy helped me with it for home work. I learned about people in my family that I’ve never heard of before. Mommy’s side is bigger than Daddy’s side and more alive too. I never met Grandpa and Grandma Asher because they were gone before I was born but Aunt Jo is really nice and Tommy is also cool. I wish I lived with them sometimes or Noah’s family or anywhere else. I love Mommy but I wish we could live with nice people to play with and not strange men pretending to be my daddy.
september 16 1996
September 16 1996
Today is my 8th birthday! I am twice as old as I was when I was 4. Kevin was sick with the flu so I didn’t really have a party but Mommy got me cake and we went to see Fly Away Home. It was a nice movie about raising some ducks. Because I got good grades Mommy finally told me the surprise! She’s going take me to the book club soon! I was a little upset it wasn’t Nintendo 64 but I’m still excited because this is even better! I like reading a lot more now. I’m learning more stuff and getting into reading harder books for big kids. Maybe I can read along with Mommy and we can talk about the stories and have more fun together!
our family tree**
*that dream that milo had on september 4 was the same exact recurring dream that i had years ago and was mocked with by them.

**my dad took my mom's last name. it happens sometimes. i never thought much of it.