Saturday, February 24, 2018

sickness

november 29 1996
November 29 1996
Oscar is sick. We took him to the vet and they think he has some worms because he ate a mouse. He was throwing up and missed his litter box. I’m worried about him so much. At least we can be sick together. I love Oscar. He’s my best friend next to Kevin. At lunch Kevin asked me about the big man again. He said his great aunt sees people who are not there sometimes too like spirits. I told him no it is not the same as spirits because Mr. Slim is real but he just doesn’t understand because he’s not in the club. I forgot I wasn’t suppose to talk about that so I shut up. He said he can talk to spirits with a game he plays. Kevin is my reading partner now so we get to hang out more in class now. We have a reading report due before Christmas and we picked The Cat in the Hat by Dr. Seuss. I like it because the cat reminds me of Mr. Slim and how he is a weird looking person that just shows up and makes my life a big mess.
december 3 1996 - december 5 1996
December 3 1996
I haven’t been taking my pills for about a month now and I feel better. My head feels less fuzzy and I think I can remember things more. The medication is suppose to be for my sickness but I don’t think I need it. Mommy gets angry when I don’t take them so I lie like she does and just pretend to take them. Ever since book club I keep having a dream about the woman with the X eyes that looks like Mommy where she is standing in front of a door and crying and screaming at me. Kevin keeps asking about the club now and I keep saying I was just joking. He wants to be part of it and I said why do you keep asking me about it and he says that he thinks he’s part of the club because he thinks he saw the big man last night. I told him there’s no way because I’m the only one who can see him because I’m special. Does my sickness make me special? Maybe not taking the pills can get other people sick? I am so scared that I gave Kevin my sickness. Oscar too.
december 6 1996 - december 7 1996
December 6 1996
Today is the first friday of the month so I went back to the book club that’s not really a club about books. I asked why we went on Monday the 11 and not friday and Mommy says it was because that was a special holy day that I had to be there. Mommy said it was the day that god blinked. I don’t understand. This time we went to the woods to a spooky house. I was called a lamb by the leader man. The hooded people asked me many questions about Mr. Slim. They asked me hard questions like what it was like to be in his presance and something about the fourth world. We had a service where we sang a strange song about how time is an illusion and the second cycle coming. Everyone walked around in a line and touched my forhead. It was better than the first time because nothing bad happened. Before we went home I asked who I could talk to that knows more about Mr. Slim because no one seems to know much since they just asked me stuff and Mommy said I can talk to the man with the skull face. She said he was sick but he would be here next time. They say I’m getting inducted next meeting. We went to Mcdonalds and then home.