Monday, February 26, 2018

seance

december 8 1996
December 8 1996
Our reading report is due in a week so I slept over at Kevin’s house. We went to the market to get groceries and we saw his daddy who is a butcher. That night after we did some work on our reading report Kevin brought out a board game called Ouija. People use it to talk to dead people by moving a glass over letters and numbers. I was scared but Kevin told me he’s done it tons of times and it’s safe if you do it right so I trusted him. We first tried to talk to his dead grandma Beth. He asked if she was with us and the glass we touched moved to yes. I think Kevin was moving it but I played along. It was my turn so I asked the board if my Daddy Robert was with us. Nothing happened. Kevin said to ask it something else so I asked how did he die because I never told Kevin about the house fire. The glass moved and spelled out something that I wrote down.

H E L I V E S

I felt a chill in my spine. The big man was watching us. I told Kevin that it wasn’t funny but he said it wasn’t him it was the spirits. I said I wasn’t feeling good so we thanked the board and went to bed. We’ve only visited Daddy’s grave once. I hope the spirits are not lying like Mommy.
december 15 1996
December 15 1996
I was thinking about what the board said all week. Maybe Daddy survived and is alive somewhere. I wanted to ask the spirits more. Because we didn’t finish our reading report I stayed over at Kevin’s house again. After we finished it I asked him if we could ask the Ouija more and he said ok. He took it out and we lit candles this time. Kevin asked if there was anyone with us and the board said yes. He asked who and it said

E P H E M E R I S

I asked where is my Daddy? The board spelled out

O C C U L T A T U M

We didn’t know what that word meant. Then Kevin asked what is the big man? I told him no don’t ask it that but the glass moved.

E S U R I E N S

I felt him looking now. I told Kevin we gotta stop talking about him but he kept moving the glass by himself really fast and I wrote down the letters. He asked where is the big man now?

U N D I Q U E

Kevin looked different. He was smiling big and weird. He looked like one of the dark men from my dreams. He said can we see him now and the board started spelling something but I hit the glass away and shouted STOP at him and then the candles blew out.
december 15 1996 - december 16 1996
I took a match and lit it. Kevin asked what was wrong. Mr. Slim was behind him. His arms wrapped around him and I screamed. I ran out the back door and into the bath room where I’m writing this right now. My nose won’t stop bleeding. I think I got Kevin sick. I’m so sorry Kevin please forgive me.

December 16 1996
I woke up in the bathroom when the door was kicked in. It was Kevin and his daddy. They said I broke a glass and locked myself in the bathroom last night but I don’t remember anything after we finished the report. I don’t remember writing the last entry at all. Kevin seems fine but he said we just watched cartoons and went to bed. There was no nose blood either. I don’t know if I should take the pills or not anymore. I don’t even know what to believe anymore. We presented our reading report at school and got a B. When I got home Mommy said that we’re going to the family reunion again for Christmas. I asked Mommy if Robert will be there. What do you mean she said. Daddy’s part of the family right I said. Yes but Daddy died years ago in the fire honey she said. Are you sure I said. Mommy waited and said yes in spirit don’t talk about him like that. She looked at me really weird. Maybe she doesn’t know.