Saturday, March 10, 2018

contagious

january 1 1997 - january 3 1997
January 1 1997
Aunt Jo told Mommy that I had sleep walked outside and we went to the doctor. Mommy found out I was throwing out my pills because the doctor made me fess up. When we got in the car Mommy smacked me. She said that she’s spending so much money to get me those pills and how do I expect to get better if I don’t take them. I said the book club magic will heal me and she yelled and said one won’t work without the other. I think I’m going to start taking the pills again. I want to stop sleep walking and I don’t want anyone else to get sick. I think what I have is contagious.

January 3 1997
Because we’re not in Alabama I thought we weren’t going to go to book club today but I forgot there is a book club up here too. We went into New Jersey and drove at night to a park where we met more hood people that asked me the same questions as down south. They say that I am chosen and that I will help them reach something called godhood. I read some more of the weird black book which is like a bible. I guess they are a book club after all since they follow this one book. I guess church is like a book club too then. I asked about Mr. Slim and they seemed to know more and pointed to parts of the book. They say
january 3 1997 - january 13 1997
the big man is called Gore Eye Layotep and he is a God and we are his children. I must be special if I am the only one who can see God! This must be what it’s like to be one of the popular kids at school. They made me copy the whole book by hand to prepare me for being a member but I didn’t finish because it was long. Mommy said that I’m going to be inducted next month back in Alabama because someone else is already getting inducted here. It was a teenage girl. A new man showed up with a fancy robe and started a ceremony with candles. She recited a poem and was given a mask. On the way home Mommy said that aunt Sharon is having a boat trip soon to get the family closer together. Mommy doesn’t want to go because she has problems with aunt Sharon and grandpa Karl but I really want to go because it sounds like fun and I’ve never been on a boat before.

January 13 1997
I went back to school today. I haven’t seen the man since I have been taking the pills which

january 13 1997 - january 23 1997
is good but I feel fuzzy in the head again. Kevin seemed like his old self showing me the new comics he got but he kept asking about my Grandpa. I said I didn’t see him and he seemed upset. He didn’t ask about the big man or the club. I hope he just forgot about it all. I wonder when they will perform the magic healing spells on me. I had a reoccurring dream where my house was empty and I saw a dark man who looked like me but older holding his neck and I felt a scar on my neck. I think the dark people are shadows of us from another dimension. I’ve seen Kevin Noah Grandpa Mommy and Me. Oh and the skull mask man from book club. I don’t know who the other mask man is. Is he from the book club too? His mask looks different so I don’t know but I think it was the one from Grandpa’s safe.