Monday, April 30, 2018

tendrils

december 15 2006
December 15 2006
Just woke up in the middle of the night from one of those dreams, the ones that feel very real. I was at this dark pathway surrounded by thick trees. I think it was that boardwalk that they were building by Noah’s place, but in the dream it was finished. I saw Noah down the path holding a camera running towards me. As he ran past me, I felt Mr. Slim’s presence immediately. Then I turned my head right and realized he was right next to me with those black tendrils protruding from his body. When I looked up, his head turned to me. The tendrils began to wrap around me and I couldn’t move or breathe. I woke up choking for air. Oscar is doing this thing again where he’s standing as still as a statue on my desk and staring out the window. He only does this some nights, but I’m noticing a trend that more often than not seems to coincide with these dreams. And this man. There’s someone in a hoodie walking way down my street now. It’s 4 AM. This is the 7th time I’ve seen them. I think they’re taking pictures. It’s too dark to ma

Okay so as I was writing just now there was a piercing scream. It’s from Mom’s room. It’s John and he’s yelling now, “What the fuck, Mary? What the fuck are you doing this time?” and I hear Mom crying. A glass just broke, John cursing. I can’t make out
december 15 2006
what she’s saying in between sobs but John just said, “For the last time, I have no idea who this fucking guy is! Have you lost your goddamn mind?” John says she’s gotta see a head doctor because something’s not right upstairs. He said that Mom’s gotta get on some psycho meds and she cried NO! This is not the first time I’ve woken up to them arguing, but this is the first time I was awake to hear it start. This time is particularly bad. I’m not going out to investigate, but there’s no way I’m going back to sleep now. It’s been an hour and things have quieted down. I took a peek outside to see John on the couch watching TV. I know he’s going to be cranky today because he’s missed out on sleep again. Not looking forward to that. The glass breaking reminds me of that night with Kevin and the spirit board. After everything that’s been going down, I’m considering trying it again. Maybe the spirits have something to say. I don’t think they lie.